Call: 855.88CCSEM (22736) |
Department: Refugee Resettlement Program
Location: Southfield, MI
Position Type: Full-Time
Rate of Pay:
Availability: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm or approximately 40-hours per week on average. This position occasionally requires working outside of these hours to assist with airport pick-ups and client appointments or emergencies.
Days/Hours Worked: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm or approximately 40-hours per week on average. This position occasionally requires working outside of these hours to assist with airport pick-ups and client appointments or emergencies.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services field, or equivalent relevant experience preferred.
Experience Requirements: Cross-cultural experience and competency; refugee resettlement experience preferred.
Special Requirements: This position requires the applicant to be bilingual in English and Arabic
Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan is seeking a Case Manager to work in our Refugee Resettlement Program in Southfield, Michigan. The Case Manager is responsible for providing core services to newly arriving refugees in the United States. The ideal candidate will empower them to do things on their own and assist them in becoming self-sufficient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carry a case load of several new cases of newly arriving refugee clients each month.
• Work closely with co-sponsors to assist new clients with overall resettlement.
• Assist new clients with program and cultural orientation, apartment leases, employment authorization documents, Social Security Card Applications, Medicaid/ Food Stamp Applications, school enrollment, English as a second language, medical appointments and other tasks.
• Connect with clients on a weekly basis, during their first 30-90 days, helping them move toward self-sufficiency.
* Health insurance for full-time employees
* Generous paid time off.
* 10 paid holidays
* Retirement plan with employer matching