Call: 855.88CCSEM (22736) |
Department: Behavioral Health Services
Location: Monroe, MI
Position Type: full-time or part-time position
Rate of Pay:
Days/Hours Worked: The core CCSEM business days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., however, this position requires at least two evenings per week (through 8:30 PM) and may have Saturday hours as scheduled.
Education Requirements: Master’s level degree in a human services field; Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or Addiction Studies preferred. Limited or fully licensed through the State of Michigan (Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Limited License Psychologist)
Experience Requirements: Clinical experience with mental health and/or substance use disorders Knowledge of co-occurring disorders of mental illness and addiction. Position requires excellent interpersonal skills, a good moral character with the flexibility of work schedule. Carry a full caseload of clients (26-30 clients scheduled in a 40-hour week, including two evenings per week, with a goal of 26 client contact hours rendered weekly). Caseload numbers are subject to change with the approval of the Director. Position requires good verbal and written skills Must have computer skills; ability to utilize an electronic health record. Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug screen, OIG, valid Michigan driver’s license, abuse and neglect, and vehicle record check as required.
Special Requirements: • This position will be filled by a faithful Catholic who is fully qualified to provide outstanding clinical and related services, and who will, where appropriate, ground the interventions and desired outcomes in Catholic values, as expressed in Scripture, in the Catechism, and elsewhere in teachings of the Catholic Church. • Must have a clear understanding of Catholic teachings • Able to ground interventions and desired outcomes in Catholic values, as expressed in Scripture, in the Catechism, and elsewhere in teachings of the Church • Will work collaboratively, where appropriate, with a Deacon or spiritual director as appropriate to include Catholic spirituality in treating the whole person • Will consult, where appropriate, with a Deacon or spiritual director for questions or guidance on the Catholic faith and spirituality as needed • Willing to conduct presentations and workshops as requested by Catholic entities such as parishes or schools when requested
The Faith-Based Mental Health Therapist functions under the supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health and is responsible for providing clinical services and needed related services for clients who are requesting Catholic-based counseling services. This position may include the provision of individual, family, and marital counseling, group therapy, didactic programming, and parent programming. The Faith-Based Mental Health Therapist is responsible for ensuring high-quality clinical and related services that will, where appropriate, ground the interventions and desired outcomes in Catholic values, as expressed in Scripture, in the Catechism, and elsewhere in the teachings of the Catholic Church. This position will work, where appropriate, in a consultative relationship with a deacon and/or spiritual director to include Catholic spirituality in treating the whole person. These duties also include proper clinical documentation and treatment planning to comply with accreditation and licensing and CCSEM policy and procedures.
DIRECT CLINICAL ACTIVITIES:
• Provide clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning for individuals, couples and families
• Provide psychotherapy and counseling services to families, couples, children and their parents, and adult individuals
• Facilitate group therapy or other education groups as assigned
• Maintain necessary correspondence and communication with other agency and service providers as needed
• Monitor collections from clients to ensure client payment in a timely fashion
• Prepare assigned clients for discharge or transition through planning and linkage with services as indicated
• Conduct oneself in an ethical, mature and professional manner and treat clients, referral sources and coworkers with dignity and respect
• Ensure services consistent with the values and teachings of the Archdiocese of Detroit and the Catholic Church
INDIRECT CLINICAL ACTIVITIES:
• Complete documentation within agency guidelines and timeframes
o Complete comprehensive clinical assessments and diagnostic formulations for assigned clients using approved agency forms within required timeframes as part of the counseling process
o Develop behaviorally specific, client-centered treatment plans, reviews, and discharge plans with assigned clients within required timeframes
• Obtain prior authorizations for services in a timely manner as required by insurance companies or other parties providing reimbursement for services where indicated
• Attend regular supervisory sessions, in service trainings, all required staff meetings and psychiatric consultations as required
• Maintain compliance with all agency policies and procedures including timesheets, travel logs, expense reports, statistical reports, weekly productivity logs, outcome evaluation requirements, and agency training requirements
• Work toward professional development by attaining and maintaining credentials. Obtain CEU credits per year through agency in service trainings, or other appropriate educational services to maintain licensure
• Represent the agency at events and participate in activities that promote/grow counseling programs in the community as assigned
• Represent CCSEM at community events and conduct oneself in an ethical, mature, and professional manner with honesty and integrity, welcoming clients, coworkers, and other stakeholders with dignity and respect
• Adhere to the Mission, Values, and Vision of CCSEM and the values and teachings of the Catholic Church
• Assist Director with additional projects and duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL DEMANDS & TRAVEL:
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and use a computer. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.